I. Mark the letter to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others
1. A. whale B. answer C. wild D. wheel
2. A. stimulated B. completed C. observed D. decided
3. A. game B. decade C. place D. advance
4. A. great B. scream C. increase D. tea
II. Mark the letter to indicate the word that has main stress placed differently from the others
5. A. minority B. representative C. cooperation D. competition
6. A. announce B. donate C. protect D. issue
7. A. Asian B. gather C. advance D. decade
8. A. facilities B. solidarity C. performance D. aquatic
III. Choose the word /phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the questions
9. The athlete made great effort to overcome herself to make a new traditional record.
A. get over B. stop C. give up D. arrive
10. Each nation has many people who voluntarily take care of others.
A. get on with B. keep in touch C. keep up with D. look after
11. The quiet country roads are ideal for cycling.
A. driving a car B. riding a bicycle C. kicking a ball D. playing football
12. Scuba-driving and windsurfing are both aquatic sports.
A. field B. water C. combat D. individual
13. Football fans gathered around the TV in the corner of the club to see the final.
A. assembled B. collected C. wandered D. reached
IV. Choose the word /phrase that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part in each of the question
14. Our school library has many activities to motivate students and help them a love for reading
A. discourage B. finish C. participate D. stimulate
15. More mobile libraries bring knowledge and information to people in remote areas of Lang Son, Hoa Binh, Ninh Binh, Nam Dinh, Quang Binh, Lam Dong and Ca Mau.
A. famous B. nearby C. friendly D. far away
16. Advanced students need to be aware of the importance of collocation.
A. of great important B. of low level C. of steady progress D. of high level
17. The doctor advised Peter to give up smoking.
A. stop B. water C. consider D. continue
V. Circle the best answer for each sentence.
1. The Vietnamese participants took ____ in the 14th Asian Games with great enthusiasm.
A. notice B. notes C. part D. role
2. How many sports are there ____ the 14th Asian Games? A. in B. on C. at D. to
3. The hotel has special _______ for disabled athletes.
A. facility B. facilitation C. facilitate D. facilities
4. The Olympic Games is one of the biggest sporting ____ all over the world.
A. problems B. athletes C. cultures D. events
5. Swimming is one of the ____ sports. A. mountainous B. aquatic C. racing D. running
6. ____ can help athlete to improve the strength of muscles and the appearance of the body.
A. Shooting B. Table tennis C. Weightlifting D. Playing chess
7. On some special occasions, people often march and demonstrate to show their ____.
A. nation B. event C. culture D. solidarity
8. Vietnam won 3 gold ____ in the 15th Asian Games.
A. degrees B. medals C. awards D. boards
9. Nearly 500 ____ from 11 nations took part in the first Asian Games in New Delhi, Indian.
A. viewers B. spectators C. athletes D. passers-by
10. The Asian Games have been advancing ____all aspects. A. on B. at C. in D. for
11. 50,000 people attended the opening Ceremony of the 15th Asian Games with more than billion Television _______. A. listeners B. speakers C. viewers D. readers
12. The Asian Games are held for the purpose of developing _________ knowledge.
A. aim B. target B. intercultural D. objective
13. The first man who was interviewed was entirely unsuitable.
A. The first man interviewing was entirely unsuitable.
B. The first man to interview was entirely unsuitable.
C. The first man was interviewed was entirely unsuitable.
D. The first man to be interviewed was entirely unsuitable.
14. The church is over 500 years old. Our family visited it last summer
A. The church which our family visited it last summer is over 500 years old.
B. The church that our family visited it last summer is over 500 years old.
C. The church which our family visited last summer is over 500 years old.
D. The church our family visit last summer is over 500 years old.
15. The girl went to the police station. Her case was stolen.
A. The girl whose case was stolen went to the police station.
B. The girl her case was stolen went to the police station.
C .The girl the case of which was stolen went to the police station
D. The girl who’s case was stolen went to the police station
VI. Choose the underlined part that needs correction
1. The man for who the police are looking robbed the bank yesterday.
A B C D
2. Today, the number of people whom enjoy winter sports is almost double that of 20 year ago.
A B C D
3. We work with a person his name is Albert.
A B C D
4. There’s the woman who she told me about the trip.
A B C D
5. This man, that you are looking for, is living next door.
A B C D
Task 1: Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C, or D) that best fits each space in the following passage.
Vietnam’s Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs donated 550,000 cloth face masks to the ambassadors of five European countries to help them fight the novel coronavirusat a ceremony organized in Hanoi (1)______ Tuesday, according to the World & Vietnam Report.
The Vietnamese-made face masks, (2)______ can bar droplets, were given to the diplomats from France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK, all presently battered by the novel coronavirus (3)______ (COVID-19), the World & Vietnam Report, which is the official press agency of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, reported. The ceremony (4)______ by representatives from the Government Office, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the ambassadors of France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK, and the head of the EU delegation to Vietnam.
The COVID-19 pandemic has inflicted sufferings on the global community, including Europe, Deputy Minister Dung was quoted as saying.
The Vietnamese government has shared part of its resources with the said countries in hopes that they will (5)______ the current challenges, he said.
No country can deal with this global health crisis alone, the Vietnamese diplomat remarked, adding that unity and (6)______ are integral to protecting the health and safety of the people and helping cushion the immense impacts caused by the virus.
Vietnam stands ready to cooperate with the international community to contain the pandemic, the deputy minister underlined. The ambassadors appreciated the assistance and thanked the Vietnamese government (7)______ it, expressing their gratitude to Vietnam, a country that is battling COVID-19 itself. (Adapted from Tuoi Tre News Aril 7th, 2020 )
1. A. in B. for C. by D. on
2. A. who B. which C. whom D. that
3. A. disease B. events C. organization D. ability
4. A. attend B. attending C. was attended D. was attending
5. A. go on B. get over C. put off D. go off
6. A. cooperatively B. cooperative C. cooperation D. cooperate
7. A. for B. from C. with D. of
Task 2: Read the passage and choose the correct answer.
The Asian Games owes its origins to small Asian multi-sport competitions. The Far Eastern Championship Games were created to show unity and cooperation among three nations: Japan, the Philippines and China. The first games were held in Manila, the Philippines in 1931. Other Asian nations participated after it was organized.
After World War II, a number of Asian countries became independent. Many of the new independent Asian countries wanted to use a new type of competition where Asian dominance should not be shown by violence and should be strengthened by mutual understanding. In August 1948, during the 14th Olympic Games in London, Indian representative Guru Dutt Sondhi proposed to sports leaders of the Asian teams the idea of having discussions about holding the Asian Games. They agreed to form the Asian Athletic Federation. A preparatory committee was set up to draft the charter for the Asian amateur athletic federation. In February, 1949, the Asian athletic federation was formed and used the name Asian Games Federation. It was decided to hold the first Asian Games in 1951 in New Delhi, the capital of India. They added that the Asian Games would be regularly held once every four years.
1. The text is about ____.
A. the origin of the Asian Games B. the Far Eastern Championship Games
C. the Games in Manila D. the relationship of Japan, the Philippines, and China
2. The Far Eastern Championship Games ____.
A. were held in Manila after World War II B. were held in Japan
C. were attended by all countries in Asia D. had the participation of only three nations
3. The 14th Olympic Games took place ____.
A. in 1913 B. in August 1948 C. before the World War II D. In February 1949
4. The Asian Games ____.
A. were suggested establishing by a Londoner B. were first held in China
C. were first held in India D. were held in the same year of the 14th Olympic Games
5. The Asian Games were first held in ____. A. 1931 B. 1941 C. 1948 D. 1951
-------------The end -------------
Nguồn tin: Tổ Tiếng Anh
TIN MỚI CẬP NHẬT
TIN BÀI LIÊN QUAN