PART A. VOCABULARY AND READING:
I/ Complete the table below: (2.0ps)
| verb || noun || adjective || meaning |
| ? || conservation |
| ? || Sự bảo tồn thiên nhiên |
| destroy |
| ? || ? || ? |
| eliminate |
| ? || || ? |
| ? || erosion |
| || ? |
| ? || ? || threatened |
| ? |
| ? || ? || polluted |
| Ô nhiễm |
| ? || ? || various |
| ? |
| endanger |
| ? || ? || ? |
II/ Multiple choice questions: (2.5ps)
1. Try to eliminate fatty foods from your diet.
A. limit B. get rid of C. move D. add
2. Many people come to the national parks to see the work being done to protect endangered species.
A. plants or animals that may be dangerous to people
B. plants or animals that disappeared from the world
C. plants or animals that are about to die
D. plants or animals that may soon become extinct
3. The water is so contaminated that it is not suitable for drinking.
A. toxic B. clean C. dangerous D. polluted
4. Half the world's rain forests have already been ___________.
A. endangered B. eroded C. found D. destroyed
5. Many species of plants and animals have been __________ each year.
A. polluted B. eliminated C. provided D. become
6. Scientists are now researching new measures to prevent ___________.
A. pollute B. polluted C. polluting D. pollution
7. ___________air makes people unpleasant to breathe.
A. Pollute B. Pollution. C. Polluted D. Polluting
8. We must ___________our forest for future generations.
A. conserve B. conserving C. conservation D. conservational
9. The giant panda is in danger of becoming extinct. It is an ___________ species
A. dangerous B. endangered C. danger D. endanger
10. Nearly 1,000 of the world's bird species are ___________ with extinction.
A. threatened B. endangered C. protected D. abandoned
III/ Complete the passage with appropriate words given in the box: (2.5ps)
| threatened off defence circulation erosion |
eliminated important destroying polluted dams
The loss of forest is (1)………... the earth’s plant and animal variety. About 5,000 species of plants and animals are (2) …………… each year . Many of those plants and animals could be used as medicines against cancer, AIDS, heart disease and many other sicknesses .Man and most animals need a constant supply of water to live. Farmers need water of their crops. Hydroelectric (3) …………. hold back needed water and provide power for homes and industries. Trees, grasses, and other plant life play an (4) …………. part in the natural (5) …………. of water, and thus help conserve it.Without plants, most water would run (6)………… as soon as it falls, taking away valuable soil. It causes floods and (7)…………. The earth is being (8)…….……… and the future looks bad. What can each of us do? We cannot clean up the (9) …………… rivers and seas overnight. Nor can we stop the disappearance of plants and animals. But we can stop worsening the problem while scientist search for answers and laws are passed in nature’s (10) ……………
IV/ Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks and give explanation: (3.0ps)
We are all slowly destroying the earth. The seas and rivers are too dirty (1)................. in. There is so much smoke in the air that it is unhealthy to live in many of the world's cities. In one well-known city, for example, poisonous gases from cars usually (2)................. the air so much that traffic policemen have to wear oxygen masks.
We have cut (3)................. so many trees that there are now vast areas of wasteland all over the world. As a result, farmers in parts of Africa cannot grow enough . In certain countries in Asia there is too little rice. Moreover, we do not (4)................. enough care of the countryside. Wild animals are quickly (5)................. . For instant, tigers are rare in India now because they have been (6)................. too many so that they can’t survive. However, it isn't enough simply to talk about the problem. We must act now before it is too late to do anything about it. Join us now. Save the Earth. This is too important to ignore.
1. A. swim B. to swim C. swimming D. swam
2. A. pollution B. pollute C. polluted D. polluting
3. A. in B. off C. down D. with
4. A. make B. have C. take D. get
5. A. surviving B. existing C. disappearing D. appearing
6. A. kill B. to kill C. killing D. killed
PART B. SPEAKING AND WRITING:
I/ SPEAKING: Answer the questions about the topic: Environment: (5.0ps)
1. How is the environment nowadays?
2. What should you do to protect endangered animals?
3. What should you do with bottles, cans or waste paper, plastic bags?
4. What should you do to keep your class/ school clean?
5. What should you do to reduce the amount of trash in your hometown?
II/ WRITING: Write a paragraph (80-100 words) about the measures to protect the environment: (5.0ps)
| Outline: || Your writing: |
| Introduction |
In addition, ...
In short, .../ To sum up, ...
Nowadays, the environment is ... . Therefore, we must ...
First, we should... / shouldn’t ...
In short, .../ To sum up, ...
* Useful languages:
1. The environment being destroyed seriously because:
- People cut down trees, destroy the forest
- We pollute the water source.
- We use chemicals that harm the environment.
2. We shouldn’t hunt and kill rare animals…
3. We can reuse and recycle them.
4. To keep your class/ school clean, we must:
- sweep the schoolyard/ class everyday.
- put rubbish in dustbin.
- clean the floor, window once or twice a week.
- grow, water flowers and plants.
- take care of the beds of flower everyday.
5. We have to reduce single-use plastics such as bags, bottles and straws ...
We need to reuse ...