UNIT 11: NATIONAL PARKS
PART A. VOCABULARY AND STRUCTURES:Write vocabulary and structures in your notebooks and practice pronouncing and reading. Find out the Vietnamese meanings for each of them.
1. establish (v) = set up
2. contain (v) = have something inside
3. abandon (v)
4. wilderness (n)
5. species (n) = a group/ groups of animals or plants
6. toxic (a) = poisonous = polluted = contaminated
7. survive (v) = continue to live or exist
à survival (n)
8. orphan (n)
à orphanage (n)
9. tropical (a)
à sub-tropical (a) = related to an area near a tropical area
- S + be located ...
Ex: Everglades National Park is located in the southeastern United States.
- It + be + ... kilometer(s) from ... to ...
Ex: It’s about 160 kilometers from Ha Noi to Cuc Phuong National Park.
- The total area of ... + be + ... square kilometers.
Ex: The total area of Cuc Phuong National Park is over 200 square kilometers of rainforest.
- The best time to visit the National Park is ...
Ex: The best time to visit Cuc Phuong National Park is during the dry season.
* You can go to google addresses to practice pronouncing properly:
PART B. WRITING: Finish writing the paragraph about the National Park and submit to your English teacher. Deadline: by 7:00 a.m., Saturday, February 22nd, 2020.
Write a paragraph (80-100 words) about one of the National Parks in Vietnam or in the world: (5.0ps)
| Outline: || Your writing: |
| Introduction |
1. What is the name of the National Park?
2. Where is it located?
3. How far is it?
4. How can we get to the National Park?
5. What is the total area of the National
6. What is the special features of the
7. What kinds of animals and plants are
taken care of in the National Park?
8. What can we learn in the National Park?
9. When is the best time to visit the
10. What should we do to protect the
... National Park is located ... . It is ... kilometers from Bao Loc. We can get there by ...
The total area is ... square kilometers. It is famous for ... . Over ... plant species and about ... animals species are taken good care of in the National Park. We can go there to visit ... and study ...
The best time to visit the National Park is ... . We must join hands to protect the wild and endangered animals and plants in this National Park by ...
PART C. SPEAKING:
Make a video clip to introduce one of the National Parks in Vietnam or in the world in about 3 – 5 minutes, then submit to your English teacher. (5.0ps)