UNIT 12: THE ASIAN GAMES
PART A. VOCABULARY:
Write vocabulary in your notebook and practice pronouncing and reading. Find out the Vietnamese meanings for each of them.
* You can go to google addresses to practice pronouncing properly:
II. Complete the following sentences using the correct form of words above.
1. Swimming and water skiing are both ___________.
2. Our sport performance have been ___________ considerably over recent years.
3. He never lost his ___________ for training athletes.
4. We were committed to a joint statement on their determination, commitment, and ___________ in fighting COVID-19.
5. I would ___________ any information you can send to us.
6. Are there ___________ differences between the U.S. and France in love and marriage?
PART B. SPEAKING: YOUR FAVOURITE SPORTS
Answer the following questions:
1. Can you play sport? Which sport do you play?
2. Why do you like it?
3. When and where do you usually play this sport?
4. Who do you often play it with?
5. Do you take part in any sport club at school?
6. Who is your favourite player?
7. Why do you admire him/her?
PART C. READING
Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best fits the blank space in the following passage:
The 15th Asian Games (1) _____ from December 1 through December 15, 2006, in Doha, Capital of Qatar. More than 10,000 athletes, who (2) _____ 45 countries and regions, took part (3) _____ 39 sports and 424 events of the Games, the most important event in Asia. Some new events such as chess and triathlon were also included in the Games.
The 15th Asian Games was organized at 34 sporting venues, including Khalifa Stadium, (4) _____ hosted the opening and closing ceremonies. The Opening Ceremony of the 15th Asian Games, Doha 2006, at Khalifa Stadium, was the most spectacular opening of any Games with 50,000 people to get into Khalifa Stadium and more than one billion television (5) _____ .The Doha Asian Games Organizing Committee (DAGOC) wanted to ensure that everybody who saw the ceremony would have a memory for life as suggested in the (6) _____ "The Games of Your Life."
1. a. set up b. took part c. brought about d. took place
2. a. representative b. represented c. representation d. representable
3. a. in b. on c. of d. with
4. a. that b. whom c. who d. which
5. a. viewers b. observers c. partners d. spectators
6. a. portrait b. banner c. streamer d. slogan
Nguồn tin: Tổ Tiếng Anh
TIN MỚI CẬP NHẬT
TIN BÀI LIÊN QUAN